We do not use the present perfect (I have done) when we talk about a finished time (for example,yesterday / last year / ten minutes ago etc.). We use a past tense:
- It was very cold yesterday. (not has been)
- Paul and Lucy arrived ten minutes ago. (not have arrived)
- Did you eat a lot of sweets when you were a child? (not have you eaten)
- I got home late last night. I was very tired and went straight to bed.
Use the past to ask When … ? or What time … ? :
- When did your friends arrive? (not have … arrived)
- What time did you finish work?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?